Over burning !!!!

G-Money

Big Air
Ok.. First question. Do they make a CD-R larger then 700meg ?

If not, just how much can you over burn a 700meg CD-R ?

Also, what is a good burning program to do a over burn ?

I have Easy CD and Nero.......

Thanks.....................

:p

I knowthat Imation makes 900mb cd's . If you want more u can try DVD's . A good program , hmmm , you're a beginner or ? I also recommend Nero on latest versions .

900meg CD-R's

Infiniti™ Reference Series 99min Compax™
Premium quality, protective coated · Silver/silver · 99min / 900mb (856mb data) capacity · 32x compatible · Multi Speed · 25 discs per pack in a strong protective 'Compax' with securely interlocked base and shell · Records up to 99min with required hardware/software · See http://www.medeainternational.com/info/90min.htm for full details

Thanks dudes.....

Not new at burning..... Just new at over burning. But now that I can get 900meg CD-R's.... Have no reason to over burn...

Thanks again !!!!!!!

:p

a)well, I'm afraid it's not that simple. Only a handful of drives support capacities greater than 700mb. and only a handful of readers can read them also.
I also wouldn't bother going to buy a CD-RW that supports them especially as DVD burners are becoming more affordable.

b)How much can you overburn? 2 minutes is usually a safe guess. Doesn't sound like much? Well 2 mins is 17mb so that can easily make the difference between fitting and not fitting a movie on the CD, for example.

c)
**AT YOUR OWN RISK**

Nero is best for overburning. In fact, It comes with a little utility to test the overburning capabilities of your burner/media combo.
Load (from the start menu) Ahead Nero\Nero Toolkit\Nero CD Speed.
Put a blank 700MB CD in the drive and select your burner from the bar near the top.
Then choose "overburning test" from the "Extra" menu of CD-Speed.
It should be self explanatory from there.

Once you have done that, you should have an idea of how much your media can *really* hold, or how far the drive can burn, depending on which comes first.

Then go into Nero Burning ROM and choose File --> Preferences --> Expert Features and enable overburning. You can adjust the times if you wish according to Nero CD-Speed's results, but leave a margin for error and because it varies. How big the margin should be I don't know as I just leave it on default.

Once you have put say 710MB of data into the project, go to the write dialog and make sure you have Disc-at-Once selected as your writing method.

**AT YOUR OWN RISK**

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back