over 2TB!

J

jawshoouh

just finished assembling some servers (my first experience!)...was kinda fun, cabling them was a PITA, but it was cool...attached a picture

Nice one, where's all this based? and what purpose are they gonna serve ???

Cool! Now I'm wondering what 2 terabytes of data will do serving...

Looking great jawshoouh! :)

I'm wondering the same thing as SpeedY_B.

i work for a medical company...these are servers that are going in a demo for a trade show, hooking them up to 54 workstations. there's 4 servers (1 DNS, 2 RAID-5, 1 test) in the server rack on the right, 3 servers (2 servers, 1 cluster server) in the server rack on the left.

basically, we set up the hardware in a warehouse, pre-stage it, make sure it all works together, get all the workstations added to the domain, networked, etc., etc., and in a few weeks when the trade show rolls around, 3 days prior to the show begins (http://www.rsna.org/), we move everything from this warehouse to the conference center downtown, set it up again there, and when the shows over, pack it all up and send it home.

and they serve medical images for PACS systems (digitally stored images of x-rays) and make them readily available to any hospital/company that's on the network, as well as any doctor from any place (hospital OR home). pretty neat stuff.

Excellent, all looks good, hope it works just as well :)

Those look like Compaq DL380 G2 Series? I could be wrong though. Sweet! Pacs is a good system. Alot of hospitals are going to this system, I take it that these servers are running Oracle and not Microsoft? IMO Oracle seems to run better with the Pacs system.

correct and correct, Compaq DL380 G2s and running Oracle :)

hey jawshoouh whos the chick that u have in ure sig and avatar?

i have no idea...wish i knew, though, she's got a beautiful body :)

hey Jawshoouh..
I agree with mafia69... how do i get a higher resolution copy of that sig. That has to be the most beautiful ass I have ever seen.
Can you post a larger image?
Thanks,
drooling in DC

Posted by jawshoouh
correct and correct, Compaq DL380 G2s and running Oracle :)

Do you do Pacs Administration? I have good eye for servers!! Plus it helps when you work on those same models daily (plus older compaqs and AvIIons).
BTW - I hope you guys have extra fans for those things laying around. They seem to die very fast!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back