outta the blue reboots ne idea why?

The A7n8X family got a lot of complaints for while last summer.

Haven't heard any new complaints in a while. A buddy just got the basic A7n8X with the 333 mhz FSB chipset and he's loving it, but his gainward ge4-4200 would not work at all with it or another 333 MB he has. I suspect the factory overclocking in the Gainward was the problem.

EPOX makes an unexciting (not much in the way of overclocking or fancy stuff) but reliable motherboard. Some friends and I have been passing one around the country as a loaner for 2 years. No problems. On the up side unexciting also means low risk.

That board has 400 Mhz FSB but does not support dual ddr, its the old nforce2 chipset. The 8RDA3I uses the nforce2 ultra that should support dual ddr but they don't mention it on their web site. That kinda lowers my opinion of them. Either they don't support the feature or they're too stupid to put it on their web site. Not a good sign.

Gigabyte also makes a reliable MB, but follow on support with bios updates has been pretty bad.

ok thanks for that what is it now days no 1 seems to put any effort in what they make lol but neways with power supplys when you watch your voltage in your bios the voltage shouldn't jump too often should it?

Originally posted by Daniel Rossi
ok thanks for that what is it now days no 1 seems to put any effort in what they make lol but neways with power supplys when you watch your voltage in your bios the voltage shouldn't jump too often should it?
as a rule of thumb, your voltage is perfectly fine if it's within 5% of spec (5v=4.75-5.25, 12v=11.40-12.60). between 5-10% shouldn't cause any short term problems but it would be recommended that you replace your power supply at some point. over 10% out of spec (5v=4.50-5.50, 12v=10.80-13.2) would demand a new power supply soon before you ruin some hardware.

and you should be able to monitor your temps and voltages from within windows. check your motherboard manufacturer's website for a utility to download.

ok thanks for that, i think i will get a new power supply as for one thing it couldnt hurt when you have a few usb devices drawing power and out of all the computers ive had when you watch the power reading it hardly varies too much but on this the figures dont stay up long enough lol but they are within specs, well some of them are anyway :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back