Outpost Personal Firewall Pro 2.1 released

Enyo

OSNN Veteran Addict
Final version of Outpost Personal Firewall Pro 2.1 has been released.

What's new in version 2.1?

New Outpost Personal Firewall Pro 2.1 takes another step beyond the award-winning 2.0 version. The new version features improvements that make it more reliable, flexible and easy to use.

* Revamped user-interface!
* Strenghtened web surfing security!
* Visual alert messages!
* Improved logging system!

Outpost 2.1 has been publicly released and is available for download from www.agnitum.com. New features include:

* Log file control - set limits to the size or age of log entries retained;
* Rewritten Active Content plugin giving control over Flash plugins, animated GIFs and external content;
* Pop-up alerts now appear for Reported connections - and can be enabled for detected attacks;
* Ad-Filter - individual web sites can now be excluded from ad blocking.

Existing third-party plugins for Outpost 2.0 (like Blockpost and HTTPLog) will also work with version 2.1. Configurations can be carried across from 2.0 except for the Active Content plugin - this will need to be reconfigured from scratch due to the changes made in 2.1.

Download Here

http://www.outpostfirewall.com/forum/

Kr0m: Yes I am.

Glaanieboy: No, this version is not free.

2.1 has a 30 day trial period. Typicallly its around $40.

will give it a go i think hopefully this will not be the cpu muncher that the old one (2.0) was with its silly over the top logging :rolleyes:

As I said in the 2.1 Beta thread, if logging causes you problems you can disable it.

This version provides options for controlling logging and limiting the database size :)

Hmm, so I've decided to test OutPost Pro. I've run the scans at GRC.com which showed me as stealth and then at http://scan.sygate.com and the scans showed the ports as blocked but not stealthed and I also ran the scan at symantec which showed me as stealth. I'd rather be stealthed. I'm confused.

Got it installed, but not had a chance to sit down and fiddle with it yet.

Go figure... Had it installed for a few hours and managed to crash it. Welcome back ZAPro :)

It just seems to be doing the normal firewall thing at the moment.
It seemed to go beserk and demand that everything be reauthorised when I upgraded Trillian 2.01 to 2.011, Trillian seems to have it finger in everything according to Outpost ;)

Component Control will prompt you a fair bit when you upgrade applications, especially those who hook into everything.

You can of course disable it but i don't recommend doing so.

I have no problem clicking 2 buttons again, I just thought it was strange that I had to reauthorise Steam, for example, because I had updated Trillian.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back