Final version of Outpost Personal Firewall Pro 2.1 has been released.
What's new in version 2.1?
New Outpost Personal Firewall Pro 2.1 takes another step beyond the award-winning 2.0 version. The new version features improvements that make it more reliable, flexible and easy to use.
* Revamped user-interface!
* Strenghtened web surfing security!
* Visual alert messages!
* Improved logging system!
Outpost 2.1 has been publicly released and is available for download from www.agnitum.com. New features include:
* Log file control - set limits to the size or age of log entries retained;
* Rewritten Active Content plugin giving control over Flash plugins, animated GIFs and external content;
* Pop-up alerts now appear for Reported connections - and can be enabled for detected attacks;
* Ad-Filter - individual web sites can now be excluded from ad blocking.
Existing third-party plugins for Outpost 2.0 (like Blockpost and HTTPLog) will also work with version 2.1. Configurations can be carried across from 2.0 except for the Active Content plugin - this will need to be reconfigured from scratch due to the changes made in 2.1.