Outlook

DragonHeart

OSNN Addict
Hi,

A quick question i currently use Outlook Express and i want to move onto Outlook 2002, but one annoying this when it starts it doesnt check send/receive straight away like express does, ive looked into all the options and settings but can only change it to one min ?

Is thier anyway i can get it to check the email etc, as soon as it loads ?

Many Thx in advance

I use Outlook and mine sends/receives as soon as it's open (although it's usually connected).
Go to Tools>>>Options>>>Mail Delivery tab, make sure Send messages immediately upon connection, is ticked. See if that does it for you.

I cant get that option either. I have Outlook 2002 and the only option I could find was to automatic send/receive when exiting or to send/receive every ? minutes. I can't find the option to make it send/receive when opening the application.

I'm not entirely sure that there is one :D trust microsoft to do something as stupid as take what was probably the most useful feature and remove it in the version you have to pay for

I'm not really sure if it's the same for Outlook 2002 (i'm using Outlook 2000), but for me the only way (that i know of) to make Outlook check my mail as soon as it loads, is to enable the 'send/receive every ..... minutes' option. I have cable so i always set it on 5 min. But when i still had a 56k modem i always checked my mail manualy. Or set it really high, like 300 min.

It's under Tools>Options>Mail Settings My Friend...

whether it does or not I can't tell

see attached

I think enabling the option 'Send immediately when connected' only means that if you press the send button, after writing a new mail, it will be send directly and not first to the Outbox. Which is nice if you have a 56k modem, because then you only have to dial-up one's an hour or so and send it all at the same time.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back