Outlook

Q

qcontinuum

Hey - can somone tell me how do do this?

I run XP Pro, and when at my PC I leave my mail client (Outlook Express) open all the time. What I want to do is make it so when minimized, instead of taking up task-bar space, I want it to minimize into the systray.I'm sure this must be a simple reghack, forcing applications to minimize into the systray (Outlook Express specific), but I don't know how. Just default Outlook Express packed with windows XP pro

There is no Reg hack that will do this as far as I know, Outlook there is, but not Outlook Express.

the following programs will do it, I like the second one better, but everyone has a different opinion, so I listed two.

U can try this program Power Menu

or better yet this one

Tray Min

good luck :D

As a security tip, go to view -> Layout and uncheck "show preview pane" to prevent certain virus emails automatically opening their attachments. This happened to me once, the virus got past norton AV and installed itself, and was a big pain to kill. And if you try selecting the email to delete it? yep, it gets previewed and installs itself again :rolleyes: So turn off the evil preview pane if you haven't already lol.

Thanks for that tip. I was wondering whether that could be done with outlook. :D

I was actually talking to Q (hehe) about outlook express lol, isn't the preview pane off by default in Outlook?

Nope it's on. Ready & willing to open all attachments. Not any more though. :cool:

I beleive it's only the nasty ones that open automatically. some sort of html code presumably. Usually you have to open attachments manually but... not worth it hehe. (omg I actually helped someone, lol)

I use the program TweakOL to minimize outlook to my system tray. I also use the program detach xp to enable downloads of some attachments from my email which outlook doesn't allow .... These 2 programs can be found at this site for download.
Here is the link!!!
http://www.mcdev.com/
Gina

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back