outlook xpress backup?

K

Kylie

I am poised for a format. I now know exactly what tweaks are cool and what is crud [for my purposes] so I am going to start afresh and then ghost.

My only issue is that I want to backup my emails and settings. Can the backup bundled with xp do just that and no more?

I cant seem to follow the correct path when I try to do it manually with ntbackup. It always adds to much garbage [now theres a good band!]

over 2 you guys

K

:confused:

The easiest way I know of is to use the File and Settings tool, and modify it to your use. It will save email, IE favorites, desktop settings, etc. You can pick and choose what you want saved, and what you dont.

Start > Program > Accessories > System Tools > File and Settings Transfer Wizard.

Kylie, for future reference (i'm sure you're already done), you can set your email storage path from OE. Open OE, Tools> Options> "maintenance" tab> Store Folder. You can place all your emails in a safe place and then when your done, just import them or use the place you've selected as your permanant storage folder.

Ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You beauty - No I had missed that one - didnt even know it existed

***THANKS****

k

You're welcome (still need the redfaced dude here cuz u embarassed me), lol ;)

I tried that one time with my NGs, and it wouldnt restore. I assumed that it might pose this problem with Email too, so I didnt recommend it.

I've made it this far in the forum without seriously screwing up someones computer, I didnt want to start now :D

I have used belts and braces on this one - I am using both thanks guys :D

Originally posted by Kylie
I have used belts and braces on this one - I am using both thanks guys :D

Awww, shucks...:D

It twas nuthin...:)

I also use that program saves a lot of time and is really easy to use

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back