Outlook XP

canadian_divx

Canadian_divx
ok my OUTLOOK XP takes a long time to load the prog even before checking the e-mail, would this be because of the splash screen? and if so how do i disable it?
and if not then what else could cause it?

i used to have that problem, i restarted and it went away...... ;)

i ahve restarteed many times, done sys checks, defeag, reinstalled office, and i think my pc can handle outlook so i am clue less on what to do

1. do u have a lot of email in the inbox? is it loading directly to the inbox?

2. have u tried archiving the folders? it'll make less space being used, possibly making it quicker to load.

3. [off topic] "796mb ram" (from your sig canadian_divx) how exactly did you manage to get that much? lol - I understand you probably have a 512mb, a 256mb... but a 28mb also? im confused :/

have you messed with windows messenger. if so thats why your OE start slow. in OE go to options and disable them messenger function or rename your messenger foldr to messengerOFF or something. Do a search on the fourm for outlook and messenger and you will see tons of solutions

Originally posted by sboulema
have you messed with windows messenger. if so thats why your OE start slow. in OE go to options and disable them messenger function or rename your messenger foldr to messengerOFF or something. Do a search on the fourm for outlook and messenger and you will see tons of solutions

you mean Office XP or Outlook Express (OE)?

I know if you go to "Tools", "Options" and then to the "Other" tab, you can untick "Enable Messenger support in Outlook" (or something similar) - if that is actually what causes the problem. I cant remember how its done in Outlook Express though

After I installed Direct X 9 my outlook express in win XP starts up very slow ( 1 min).

Do you use a spam blocker by any chance? Some have settings to check for new updates at load time and that will slow down the process.

i meant outlook express and not offix exp. The same way you can untick the option can be done in the express version. And when you install directx 9 you will have the same problem, because there is an conflict between messenger and dx9.

Thanks for replying, but No I do not have a spam blocker I just installed DX9 and the start up for OE6 increased to almost 1 min. Everything else was unchanged and running fine.

Ok I could not find and check box with "automatically log on to windows messenger" under Tools/options/General HOWEVER when I reverted my drive to pre DX9 the box was then there in OE. Now my other computer which is almost identical does not have Windows messenger activated and the DX9 has no problem in that computer. So I wondering if I should do something to windows messenger before I reinstall DX9....But What???

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back