Outlook XP

D

Decepshun

Does anyone know how to fix Outlook XP when the program downloads two copies of an email all the time?

It's really pissin me off getting any email twice...and sometimes 3 times.

thanks in advance

2 downloads of emails

Check your advanced settings in options (mail setup?) and make sure that it is set to delete the mail on the server after download, otherwise you will leave a copy there as well.

nope it's not that. i always have it set to delete mail on server.

but i did receive note of your reply 3 times.

wait till ALL mesages are downloaded and then clik on your specified message you want to see

Is it from a Hotmail account? It happens to me sometime when outlook express feels bad :)confused:) and i have no way to repair it but to wait

yes as i said.. if it is hotmal just wait till ALL msgs are downloaded.
if it is popo3 then iti is bad :(

What you want to do is to delete your account setting for the offending email account. The close Outlook and re-open it and add the settign back in there and that should take care of it. It sounds like the Outlook is not syncing properly with the mail server.

Go into Outlook \Tools\Send-Receive Settings\Define Send-Receive Groups. You will probably see what you need to alter there.

I had the same situation, where I have four email accounts, but all set up on the same ISP account. I was getting four copies of each email message in Outlook. It threw me for a while to figure out how to change this, as the GUI has changed a bit since Outlook2000. I just deleted three of them (all except my default Reply name) from the Send Receive Group. Now I only get one copy before messages are deleted from the server, though I still receive messages that were sent to each of the four aliases.

Hope this helps.

Hey thanks for the replies.

It seems to happen more with Mail groups than with other emails.

but i'll try the bug out option and restarting outlook and then re-enter the goods.

thanks again

Guess what i found.

The fix to my problem.

Destroy computer, No problem.

Well actually the fix is to delete all your rules if you have more than one email account the rules will replicate themselves which then creates the glitch i mentioned. Weird i know but now everything works just fine, however i have to make a new set of rules for my email.

tks to all that had any input whether it worked or not

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back