Outlook XP Rules

• Thread starter NegativeFactor
  • Start date
N

NegativeFactor

Ever noticed that sometimes Outlook XP completely ignores any rules you have set up. For example just delivers everything to your inbox regardless of the rule you have inplace to send the message to a different folder.

Does anyone know of a fix for this? Is this something that was sorted in the Service Packs. I don't really want to install a service pack unless I know it's going to fix my problem.

Cheers

Originally posted by NegativeFactor
Ever noticed that sometimes Outlook XP completely ignores any rules you have set up. For example just delivers everything to your inbox regardless of the rule you have inplace to send the message to a different folder.

Yep

Does anyone know of a fix for this?
Nope

It is annoying, isn't it?

It is usually related to how the rule was created... ie If you manually created the rules it can be buggy or if it is too complicated it can cause problems also.

If you created the rule via the organize button I dont have any problems at all with it.

For incoming email going to a folder I find that works ok as for rules to block something with the word Nortons in the subjet line I find it dont work so I now use mailwasher and I love it after all the spam and junk is washed/bounced/deleted I open my OE and only get what I want and seeing as the rules for folders work I am happy lol

Do you have the latest Servicepacks installed?

I remember this issue was solved by either office sp1 or office sp2...

You can check this by going to the Office Update site

Gert-Jan

I have got SP2 installed and it sill does it occasionally.

Also for some reason, messages from Microsoft sometimes get flagged as containing adult content. Yet my adult content sender list is empty.

Perhaps Outlook knows something we don't!?!

Happens all the time

I have fully updated XP Pro / Office XP and it happens to me all the time. Also,Outlook opens to different folders occasionally.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back