Outlook XP Q.

M

meancode

hello,

why is it that my Sent Items folder does not have a lot of messages in it? i am quite used to using Entourage X (OS X) and it saves all of my Sent Items until i make a rule to delete them. i would like this to happen in Outlook XP. does the program by default delete Sent Items? i only have 5 or 6 messages in Sent Items. this came up today as i needed to look at an email i sent not a week ago today. can any1 tell me how to make it so that my Sent Items are saved? thanks.

Have you checked the options? Tools, options. Somewhere in there, sorry I can't be specific, I'm at work using Outlook 2000. By default it should save them until you manually delete them, it does for me.

well in tools > options > email options i have the "Save copies of messages in Sent Items" item checked.

i think i have found the problem to my issue. it is a thing that Outlook calls AutoArchive and it is on by default, and does not prompt by default. this "feature" is pathetic, stupid, idiodic, and bull ****, but then it is M$.

Originally posted by meancode
this "feature" is pathetic, stupid, idiodic, and bull ****, but then it is M$.
Don't hold back meancode, tell us how you really feel :p

Uh... actually, it does prompt you the first time.

Filters

yep, it does prompt you, and yep, it causes admin nightmares for .pst files, don't know what they're thinking with that one...:eek: Are you sure you have your Views correct? If you have the Advanced bar showing (right-click on toolbar, select Advanced) you should see a little box that says Messages. Or another way is your View menu \ Current View. You should have either Messages or Messages with AutoPreview to show all messages. If not, go to Customize Current View, and click on Filter \ and Clear All in the bottom corner, then OK to exit. This clears your filters so you're in the normal view

well i been using my pc since the end of january. and i do not remember it prompting me. but it probably did. it should have been more clear as to what it was prompting about then. as i am one of those people who actually reads those things :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back