• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Outlook XP Q.

M

meancode

hello,

why is it that my Sent Items folder does not have a lot of messages in it? i am quite used to using Entourage X (OS X) and it saves all of my Sent Items until i make a rule to delete them. i would like this to happen in Outlook XP. does the program by default delete Sent Items? i only have 5 or 6 messages in Sent Items. this came up today as i needed to look at an email i sent not a week ago today. can any1 tell me how to make it so that my Sent Items are saved? thanks.

Jewelzz

OSNN Godlike Veteran
Have you checked the options? Tools, options. Somewhere in there, sorry I can't be specific, I'm at work using Outlook 2000. By default it should save them until you manually delete them, it does for me.

M

meancode

well in tools > options > email options i have the "Save copies of messages in Sent Items" item checked.

i think i have found the problem to my issue. it is a thing that Outlook calls AutoArchive and it is on by default, and does not prompt by default. this "feature" is pathetic, stupid, idiodic, and bull ****, but then it is M$.

N

ntguru50

Filters

yep, it does prompt you, and yep, it causes admin nightmares for .pst files, don't know what they're thinking with that one...:eek: Are you sure you have your Views correct? If you have the Advanced bar showing (right-click on toolbar, select Advanced) you should see a little box that says Messages. Or another way is your View menu \ Current View. You should have either Messages or Messages with AutoPreview to show all messages. If not, go to Customize Current View, and click on Filter \ and Clear All in the bottom corner, then OK to exit. This clears your filters so you're in the normal view

M

meancode

well i been using my pc since the end of january. and i do not remember it prompting me. but it probably did. it should have been more clear as to what it was prompting about then. as i am one of those people who actually reads those things :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies