Outlook XP Attachment Blocking

C

cryptmagic

Does anyone know how to stop Outlook XP from blocking attachments. I can never open them, sometimes links to websites other times pdfs. I am running Winxp Pro with office xp and they are all updated fully. I also have norton 2003. Do i need to disable norton or is is there controls in outlook xp?

Try this...

Open up Outlook XP > click on Tools at the top > Click on Options > Click on the Security Tab at the top of the Options Box > Untick the box that says "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus"

This will allow you to now be able to view attached files :happy:

Simple As :D

Sincerly Alex :cool:

lol.. thank you BonyTony :)

Either way cryptmagic, either using my text step by step or BonyTony's handy image post, you will be able to view file attachments from your emails you've recieved

:D

That works in outlook express, but do you know what needs to be done in Outlook XP in the office suite.

By default, Outlook XP blocks files with attachments that may be harmful to a system unless certain registry keys are edited to allow the extensions.

This is a simple GUI that facilitates the registry editing ...see attachment.

also tweak-xp has a nice option to do it for you

I searched tweak-xp but couldn't find it...do you know what it's called?

Thanks,

Cd

Thanks for the help and the welcome, sboulema.

Seems kinda pricey though, and has lots of stuff I don't want or need. I may try one of the free options.

Cd (No smilie to indicate cheapness)

;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back