Outlook XP Attachment Blocking

C

cryptmagic

Does anyone know how to stop Outlook XP from blocking attachments. I can never open them, sometimes links to websites other times pdfs. I am running Winxp Pro with office xp and they are all updated fully. I also have norton 2003. Do i need to disable norton or is is there controls in outlook xp?

Alex_is_Axel

.:: FTPAlex ::.
Try this...

Open up Outlook XP > click on Tools at the top > Click on Options > Click on the Security Tab at the top of the Options Box > Untick the box that says "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus"

This will allow you to now be able to view attached files :happy:

Simple As :D

Sincerly Alex :cool:

Alex_is_Axel

.:: FTPAlex ::.
lol.. thank you BonyTony :)

Either way cryptmagic, either using my text step by step or BonyTony's handy image post, you will be able to view file attachments from your emails you've recieved

:D

C

cryptmagic

That works in outlook express, but do you know what needs to be done in Outlook XP in the office suite.

BonyTony

OSNN Senior Addict
By default, Outlook XP blocks files with attachments that may be harmful to a system unless certain registry keys are edited to allow the extensions.

This is a simple GUI that facilitates the registry editing ...see attachment.

Canadave

Junior Ranger
Thanks for the help and the welcome, sboulema.

Seems kinda pricey though, and has lots of stuff I don't want or need. I may try one of the free options.

Cd (No smilie to indicate cheapness)

;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arrangel