Outlook XP Annoyance

L

Lisa

Greetings fine XP XPerts,

I have a problem and I am going to throw myself upon your mercy for help.

I've used Office 2000 practically since it came out and IMO no email client compares to Outlook. I adore Outlook. So I recently upgraded to Office XP the first chance I got. I'm impressed. But one thing is driving me mad and I dont know how to fix it.

I work for a pretty big web site that deals in science fiction news. We have an email account set up that's accessed by all of us who write news on the site. People can submit stuff stuff to us in a variety of ways and it all goes to that pop box.

I imported my old outlook mail settings no problem. I've got the account configured to leave a copy of messages on the server since otherwise the others who accessed the account wouldnt be able to read the stuff.

However, when I close Outlook and then later re open it, it re-downloads mail from the account that it's already downloaded once. Or twice. Or multiple times. And we get so much mail through this account (it is also where the site's spam ends up) that this is really getting beyond a joke.

Has anyone got any idea how I can stop Outlook XP doign this before I drown in a sea of sci-fi email newsletters, review submissions and LOW PRICE INK CARTRIDGES spam that never ends?

Much obliged.

It sounds like a combination of two settings - the 'Leave mail on server' and 'Download new messages only' checkboxes. I don't know exactly where to find them (somewhere under the account options) but you should have the first unchecked, the second checked, and that should take care of it.

If that's not the problem, then I don't know what it is.

If anyone knows where to find that 'Download new messages only' checkbox, I'll give that a whirl.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back