Outlook searching for nonexistant Exchange

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Hi all,

I got a problem with a workstation (XPPro). This workstation is connected to a WinSever2003 Domain Controller.

Anyways, I created the user on the DC, and logged in at the workstation just fine.

I am trying to create an email account for this user on outlook 2007. The outlook startup screen starts searching for an exchange server (doesn't exist), but it won't let me manually configure an account. Outlook shuts down when I try to cancel the exchange screen.

Is there anyway I can get around this startup screen and get into outlook?

Thanks,

Heeter

Thanks LofLA

Where do I find that? Do you have a tutorial on that?

Heeter

Well, if it is in the control panel, I don't see it.

There is nothing called "Mail" or "Mail Control Panel Applet" in the control panel.

Heeter

You should have a Mail ICON in Control Panel if Outlook is installed. The Control Panel ICON is the only way to set up for an Exchange Server, at least it was in Office 2003. I haven't bothered to install Office 2007 yet.

The usual list of suspects:
You turned a service Off unintentionally
Bad Outlook/Office install

Thanks LeeJend,

I will look at reinstalling Office2007 then, as I don't have a mail icon in the control panel.

Heeter

Thanks SMcN.

Yes I am in Classic view.

I am trying to configure outlook with no exchange, just smtp, as there is no exchange server setup on the DC.

Heeter

Try entering "fake information" for the exchange server, just to get outlook to complete it's initiization process.

You won't be able to do anything and you'll get a message your exchange server is unavailable, but once done the Mail Icon should pop up in our control panel

Hey all,

I finally got that mail applet to show up after 7 uninstalls/reinstalls of office20007.

Thanks for the help.

Heeter

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back