Outlook Problem

Maveric169

The Voices Talk to Me
Ok here is the deal, I have been running outlook as my business email client for a long time now. But recently I have noticed that new messages are not downloading right. The message hearders are downloading but not the message body. This is becoming very frustrating as there is considerable delay time from selecting the next message and waiting for it to download the message body.

Now i haven't changed any settings and am really not sure where to look or how to correct the problem. Any ideas?

Which version of Outlook do you have btw?
Have you tried looking at Tools>Options>mail setup.. Edit send/receive settings?
There you can choose to receive Headers only, or to download everything including attachments.

sorry, it is Outlook 2002 10.6515.6714 with SP3 I can't find anything that I can set to download everything. But this is a new deal, it didn't used to do this

It might be somewhere like tools->send and receive ->settings->define send and receive groups. In there (edit the main group). In there there is a list of all accounts and options to download headers only. check these, I know you didn't change anything, but its best to check the obvious first

I also have outlook problems with my laptop - I believe it behaves in the same manner as you describe (although that is not a problem to me, my problem is more seeing all messages from my server - only getting some!).

Anyway, in my case is Outlook 2000, but I believe reson for behaviour is I have set Outlook to prompt me if connected/connecting to server, or allow working offline. just wondering if you have set that option on outlook startup and maybe worth experimenting there (just a maybe, but since I see same behaviour)?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back