Outlook & Outlook Express

M

mcdruid

Hi,

Does anyone know if you can make Outlook and Outlook Express share the same inbox/contacts etc.. (perhaps using a .pst file?)

I'm dual booting between XP and 2000, and I don't want to setup Office in 2000 (which I only use for certain things). I use Outlook XP under Win XP, but would like to be able access my inbox/contacts and check my mail etc.. using Outlook Express when I'm running Win 2000.

I know how to export/import the inbox and mail accounts etc.. from Outlook, but don't know much about Outlook Express. I also don't want to have to import/export every time I switch from one OS to the other. Can they share the same inbox/contacts on an ongoing basis?

Any ideas anyone?

thanks,

Mine appears to share contacts anyway (i haven't done anything), i'm not sure about inbox stuff, cause they may be stored in different formats

Just setup the mail account in Outlook 2002 and import your contacts into it. You should never have to use OE again. Except for usenet. I dont think you can use Outlook 2002 for that only.

thanks for the replies, but perhaps i didn't explain:

I have dual boot.. XP & Win 2000

in XP I have Offive XP set-up & use Outlook 2002

in Win 2000 I don't have Office set up at all, and don't want to.

I just want to use OE when I'm in Win 2000, but want it to have the same inbox and contacts as Outlook does under XP.

thx,

try

open the addressbox in OE then going to tools-options and the select share data with outlook

may not work becuase its dual boot

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back