Outlook or Outlook Express

sy64004

OSNN Addict
I'm currently running Outlook 2000, but it's got loads of stuff I never use. Whats the difference between the 2 and which is best if all I use is mail??

I'm feeling kinda stupid writing this as I'm now thinking that Expres would be the best, but I'm just after a few opinions

I just started using Outlook2002,,, And I must admit I don't use any more features than in Express...

Yeah, same here. I gave it a try. Didn't really need the extras.

Outlook is really nice when it comes to system migration and backup. Do a search for *.pst and backup this one file and all your mail is saved. If you change over to another system it is quick and easy to import the old pst into the new one. Still it is true that most of us do not fully use more than 20% of the features.

I prefer Outlook for the calander, early alzheimers lol i need a calander to remind me of things. even then I forget

I use Outlook 2002, and I must admit that Outlook Express has many of the features Outlook has. However, I would still reccomend Outlook 2002. If you don't need a feature... Well, just don't use it. If it's something like the journal or the calander, just delete that shortcut from the Outlook bar.

Whoops, I guess you're talking about Outlook 2000. Oh well, they're practically the same thing anyway.

I prefer Outlook XP and think it is much easier to use. I also think it's much easier on the eyes and more organized than OE.

I agree with madmatt. Note that Outlook XP is the same as 2002.

I like Outlook XP however it doesn't do newsgroups, so until then i'll stick with Outlook Express 6.

Thanks all for the help. Is Outlook XP available for download or pay only??

Worht a try isn't it??

Outlook 2002 is included with Office XP, which is a pay program. And yes, Outlook 2002 does do newsgroups. Just search for "newasgroups" in help.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back