Outlook & Gmail

N

Not Bman

Started using Outlook express for Gmail (yes I have more then one account), and last time I did this, along time ago, outlook downloaded all my emails from Gmail. It did not do this ,this time. How can I make it download all the emails in my Gmail accounts?

Look in the pop settings in your Gmail account. Maybe you forgot to enable it?

I'm pretty sure I didn't, cause I get a new mail and stuff...but I'll check

Nevermind, I guess I had to re-change it to enable

Thanks

You know what there should be.....a GMAIL email client....made for gmail exatcly, with search features, and stars etc

bman: Please use the edit button, it's there for a reason.

Bman™ said:
I'm pretty sure I didn't, cause I get a new mail and stuff...but I'll check

Nevermind, I guess I had to re-change it to enable

Thanks

You know what there should be.....a GMAIL email client....made for gmail exatcly, with search features, and stars etc
There is one, it's located at www.gmail.com :p

no it wouldn't, just would make it easier to have more then 1 gmail account

I have 4 GMAIL accounts that all work together just fine. They are seperated for different purposes, all forward to my main account, download into Outlook and everyone is happy. I have them set up in Outlook so if need be, I can reply from individual accounts. For the local client, Outlook handles the tasks just fine. I can't speak for something like Thunderbird because I have never used it, but from what I hear it's good too.

Well, I dunno, I'm just kinda picky with my things. I'd like Outlook, or Outlook Express to have just like "local folders", to have it as Gmail Account 1, Gmail Account 2 etc, so I know for sure there all organized to each other, but I know that's not possible. I don't know if I'm going to keep a client, or just use Gmail....

hmmmm

Bman™ said:
Well, I dunno, I'm just kinda picky with my things. I'd like Outlook, or Outlook Express to have just like "local folders", to have it as Gmail Account 1, Gmail Account 2 etc, so I know for sure there all organized to each other, but I know that's not possible. I don't know if I'm going to keep a client, or just use Gmail....

hmmmm
That is possible, and can be done very easily using rules through Outlook. Set up a simple rule as all e-mail through GMAIL Account #1 goes to Folder A, Gmail account #2 goes to Folder B, etc.

I'm using Outlook express, do you mean this?

How do I make sure all goes to a cetain folder.....in the account settings?

That allows me to change when it's from specific person, I don't see anything for all from account 1...etc

*edit, nevermind!

Thanks alot man, great help, nice and fast fix!!

*edit, cant give you any more rep, too much givin lol

Start using the edit button, that will be thanks enough :p

dammit, why people keep telling me that, I don't do it that often?

Do i?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back