Outlook .gif/.jpeg problem

Alan

its only fun
Hi,
When I try to insert a picture or .gif image in a text line when composing a e-mail I get a I.E.error "An error has occurred in this dialog.Error :73 Object dosen't support this property or method".
I can change the background to a .jpeg or .gif image file

I have Xp pro and Outlook Express is sync'ed with my hotmail Account.[Is Hotmail the problem?]

Your help would be much appreciated as this is do'in me head in now.
Cheers

Alan

:mad: :mad:

Are you sure you are using HTML as your email. Instead of plain text or rich text, because neither of those support inserting images into an email

I only have the choice of "plain text" or "Rich text
HTML:
"
Its really wierd because I'm able to create hyperlinks, but the simple task of adding a .jpeg or .gif image in a text line is taboo.
Anyway thanks for your reply
If anyone else can help out there, please post.
Cheers
Alan

Go to tools>>>options>>>mail format and change to HTML there.

Hi Jewelzz,
Just had a look in tools.>options and it don't look like your .jpeg?
I get the tabs spelling.security.connection.maintenance.general.read.receipts.send.compose and signatures.
Is it me am I looking in the wrong place [probably]
I'm using Outlook Express 6 with XP Pro
Thanks for your reply
Cheers

Nah, it's not you...it's me lol I use Outlook not Express. Look under the Send tab see if the HTML is check for sending email.

Yep its checked.
Theres one thing I might add , I recently had a worm virus [KLEZ]
although this has been completley removed according to NAV 2002, could this be the problem?
Anyway once again for your time
Cheers
Alan

Alan go Tools->Options->Mail format, message format...change the drop dowm to plain text or whatever :)

There have been others on the forum that have had that worm, I've been lucky so far. I don't know if that could be your cause or not. As I said I'm an Outlook user and tried my best to help ya
:(. Keep checking back, I'm sure there is someone out there that will be able to help you.

Hi,
Thanks for all your replies.
I've tried all the suggestions but with no luck!!!!!
I will probably do a re-format over the weekend as this is not my only problem since that DAMMED virus.

i.e. No help and support
Can't access windows updates page [yet still receive auto up
dates]
Can't access the user profiles

These are to name but a few I think the virus attacked some .exe files and NAV2002 removed them.
Anyways once again thanks for your help
Will post back after I re-install [format]
Cheers
Alan

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back