Outlook - fonts revert to Times New Roman!!

ray_gillespie

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
Hi guys,

Can anyone tell me why every now and then my nice arial font which I use in Outlook will revert to Times New Roman when I do certain things like delete a line break or occasionally paste some text? It's weird, it obviously only happens in rich text or HTML modes, but it's not always consistent.

Reps for any help!

Thanks in advance.

madmatt

Awesome is as awesome does.
Political Access
Use the option to "always use my fonts". Although I think they did away with this in 2007 because I can't find it.

That should do the trick for you, maybe.... Now that I think of it, I think I've had this problem with 2003.

ray_gillespie

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
Yeah I've got that already ticked but it's not doing anything lol. I should have pointed out, it's 2003 that I'm using.

madmatt

Awesome is as awesome does.
Political Access
If I remember correctly it depends on where you make the deletion from. If you put your cursor at the end of your text and hold down SHIFT+CTRL and press END then DELETE it will keep your formatting.

ray_gillespie

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
Is there any way to avoid having to do that? I tried just deleted TNR from my computer but that sent it crazy so I put it back.

I hate TNR, why would anyone want it??!! It just reminds me a cheaply produced flyers for a village fête :)

ray_gillespie

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
Also, I don't know if it's related but it almost always reverts to the American dictionary instead of UK, even though it's set as UK for the default both in Outlook and Windows.

j79zlr

Glaanies script monkey
Political Access
Do you have Acrobat Professional installed?

LordOfLA

Godlike!
I would think that using a sensible font is a good thing no?

I like my non-newsletter emails in plain text or times new roman anyway..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.
Terrahertz wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Yo fellas!
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Where are you buddy?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larry Chris