Outlook Express: Why can't I delete msgs from inbox?

ChicagoJami

OSNN Newbie
When I try to delete messages from my inbox, rather than deleting them, it just puts a line through them. It's really annoying and I can't figure out how to fix it. This is with Outlook Express, not Outlook.

Thanks!

When you highlight them, click the delete button or right click and hit delete it does this ???

yes. I can later go into "purge deleted messages" but I don't want to have to do that every time. I want it to just simply delete it.

Unfortunately, that's all you can do. You are using IMAP, and you have to delete them, which causes the line, and then purge deleted messages. I had an IMAP account about a year ago and it used to drive me nuts.

Only solutions - switch to POP3 (if possible), or change your e-mail provider.

UGH! That is so annoying! thanks for the info, though. I have no idea how I can switch to POP3, I have comcast cable modem as my provider and I can't really switch :( That really stinks :(

Well it's not really your ISP, as Comcast would be - it is your e-mail provider.

If you use Comcast e-mail, such as your address would be user@comcast.net, they do offer POP3. Who is your e-mail provider?

My email provider is Comcast but I also have my work email (fusemail) fused with this outlook account so I'm not sure how that would all work. I wonder if fusemail *has* to be an IMAP.

Well as I stated, Comcast can use POP3. So, if you are using IMAP for them, you have the option to switch. Unfortunately, however, some mail providers, AOL for instance, only do IMAP for downloading mail.

May not be anything you can do about it.

^^^^That's what I figured, but wasn't sure since I have never used or seen configuration of their e-mail client myself.

Okay, that's really odd. I have Comcast but when I set up my Outlook, fusemail help said I had to choose IMAP. How am I even able to use my Outlook if Comcast only uses POP and I'm in IMAP?

He is referring to Comcast e-mail, not the fact you have Comcast for an ISP (Internet Service Provider).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back