• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Outlook Express: Why can't I delete msgs from inbox?

ChicagoJami

OSNN One Post Wonder
When I try to delete messages from my inbox, rather than deleting them, it just puts a line through them. It's really annoying and I can't figure out how to fix it. This is with Outlook Express, not Outlook.

Thanks!

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
Unfortunately, that's all you can do. You are using IMAP, and you have to delete them, which causes the line, and then purge deleted messages. I had an IMAP account about a year ago and it used to drive me nuts.

Only solutions - switch to POP3 (if possible), or change your e-mail provider.

ChicagoJami

OSNN One Post Wonder
UGH! That is so annoying! thanks for the info, though. I have no idea how I can switch to POP3, I have comcast cable modem as my provider and I can't really switch :( That really stinks :(

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
Well it's not really your ISP, as Comcast would be - it is your e-mail provider.

If you use Comcast e-mail, such as your address would be user@comcast.net, they do offer POP3. Who is your e-mail provider?

ChicagoJami

OSNN One Post Wonder
My email provider is Comcast but I also have my work email (fusemail) fused with this outlook account so I'm not sure how that would all work. I wonder if fusemail *has* to be an IMAP.

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
Well as I stated, Comcast can use POP3. So, if you are using IMAP for them, you have the option to switch. Unfortunately, however, some mail providers, AOL for instance, only do IMAP for downloading mail.

May not be anything you can do about it.

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
^^^^That's what I figured, but wasn't sure since I have never used or seen configuration of their e-mail client myself.

ChicagoJami

OSNN One Post Wonder
Okay, that's really odd. I have Comcast but when I set up my Outlook, fusemail help said I had to choose IMAP. How am I even able to use my Outlook if Comcast only uses POP and I'm in IMAP?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies