Outlook Express provided by ...

L

Leo154

how do i get rid of provided by PC Magazine? i got this from SP1 on the PCM cd

open regedit then go to
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Identities\random\Software\Microsoft\OutlookExpress\
change the Window Title key on the right.

that was all meant to be on one line, i swear these forums are crap at parsing input.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER
Identities
Random Value
Software
Microsoft
OutlookExpress

...is what you're after.

hey thanks man! by the way, how did you find that out? did you know it or you guess it would be there... coz i spent an hour on regedit and gpedit and couldn't figure it out.. i found on gpedit how to change it but it didnt work for outlook express...

thanks again.. this is the second time you told me how to change a window title ;)

I usually have a self made .reg file for these sort of things, so I can reset th titlebars if they get branded by an isp or company.

Outlook and IE titlebars are usually changed by ISP setup files, so its a common problem and therefore there's plenty of different resources on the net (usually ISP's who don't want 1000's of e-mails asking how to remove their banding) that will explain how to remove the "branding".

As for regedit, as a general rule pop it open, then hit CTRL+F and do a search for the application name that you are having a problem with.

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back