Outlook Express Messages Storage

Where does Outlook Express store the emails it downloads from a POP3 server? I want to back up my messages before redoing my computer.

C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{2936F8A7-1834-4145-B848-56A4CDD5F324}\Microsoft\Outlook Express

That long number might be different for others i'm not sure

You can also open OE/file/export/messages & back them up for importing later.

Hipster Doofus said:
You can also open OE/file/export/messages & back them up for importing later.
Forget that ya Doofus. :rolleyes:

It only exports to other microsoft programs. Good one Bill.

Hipster Doofus said:
Forget that ya Doofus. :rolleyes:

It only exports to other microsoft programs. Good one Bill.
I was going to mention it, but it seemed rude :)

why not use a free back up program. I got one from www.softpedia.com just type and search on the left side for "Outlook Express Freebie Backup" its free and it even backs up the address book too.

hehe yea its good, i mean there are tons of outlook software out there but they are mostly shareware and only last like 2 weeks or the functions are not full. I tried using one of these programs and i checked the "backup inbox" box and it said, "some features might be disabled for the shareware version" but it still did a check. Im like emmm dont think ill take the risk thanks. But yea that one worked like a glove after my format no hasles what soever.

http://forum.osnn.net/showthread.php?t=40558 this is the thread that i put and there is also a manual way to backit up.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back