Outlook express maybe?

M

Martyr63rd

this is my problem:

i have saved web pages of tutorials so that i can further my knowledge on photoshop. Now something has taken over parts of the saved files. Looks like Outlook express and thats what tries to open them. But eventually it crashes my comp.?

Now this is starting to make me very upset. Can someone help me?

msn: hitmanasak@hotmail.com
or on the awsome #xperience channel

Hi,

In your screenshot I see a HTML document and an Internet Email Message. Which one of the two are giving you problems. Have you tried dragging them into IE?

Regards,
Willem Moolenaar

Sorry i didn't specify enough. It is the internet mail thingy, it shouldnt be there and what has converted it?

Hi Martyr,

"It shouldn't be there" as in it just appeard, or is it part of the saved HTML pages, but had a different icon before?

What is its extension? If you open the HTML document, do you still see it correctly?

Regards,
Willem Moolenaar

as in i dont think so; when i try and open the saved page it locks everything up and tries to use windows media player to open the web page.

it is a .eml file

also it shows as mhtml in the browser up by where normaly the site would be named.

Only solution i know of is deleting every saved web page i have.

Weirdest thing is these files are like 11mb's

k, here is the readme.eml file except i renamed it to readme.txt which in the folder the .eml file is 11mb this is 90k so you might open it and tell me what it means. All i know is that there is alot of (A's) in it? i dont know about web pages much maybe that is coding?

special thanks to xsivforce, for finding out that that was a virus, my antivirus was not picking it up. Thanks again.

WoW what a wonderful tech room. hehe

Heh, sorry I didn't post it here for others who may run into it.
[shameless plug]We took care of it @ #xperience on EFNet[/shameless plug]

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back