Outlook Express, Colors, Copy and Pasting?

Punkrulz

Somewhat eXPerienced
Hey everybody,

I am experiencing an issue with Outlook Express. I usually use a stationery, as well as compose in the same color. Now I do a lot of forum work for http://uo.stratics.com, I get requests all the time and have to complete them. Sometimes the names of the people I get are much simpler by copy and pasting...

Say I receive an email, and when I want to reply, such as Dear Soandso, I'll copy the name and put it after dear. Well when I do that, OE copies it in the same font and color of the text that I get from the email {It's usually just plain text or whatever since it's a web based form}. Well after I copy and paste it where I need it, it's time to apply the color changes so it's all uniform, and there's a problem.

The problem is that when I select my stationery, it won't change the text I copied and pasted, and any text that I type directly after that word until I hit enter... I have to manually change it, and sometimes it can become a bit tedious.

I was wondering if there is a setting or something that I can change in order to fix it? It did it once before, then stopped meaning that everytime I changed my stationery, everything would change with it... now it's happening again since I last formatted. Anyone else having the same problem? I hope you guys can help.

Have you tried>Internet Properties>Accessability>and Uncheck all of the Boxes.

Already all unchecked guy, but thanks for the help. Anybody else? I really want to get this problem fixed right away. I thank you in advance!

I don't know if there are any setting for your problem, but try do this:

Once you finish typing, switch to FORMAT>Plain text and back to FORMAT>Rich Text and apply your stationary.
By doing this it seems that the font as set in Option>Compose will also be applied.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back