Outlook Express Addressbook/Outlook Address book

P

pocketmon

I used to be able to go to outlook express address book and there would be an option to have it share with outlook for addresses. I just reformatted and dont have that option. It has happened on 3 different systems and its driving me nuts.

Does anyone have a solution or a reason on why it wont work? Or am i alone...

i can#t find anything about this option, the only way i can see of sharing contacts is either to put them in the shared contacts folder or exporting them

I'm attaching the image. one of my other XP machines has the option im talking about. What the difference between the two looks to be is that comp 1 says "synchronize now" the comp 2 gives me the option i'm looking for. What option do you guys have?

(or does anyone know how to uninstall/reinstall outlook express?)
Both have the same OS and same version OE...

Comp one:
WinXP
Address Book Version: 6.00.2600.0000 (xpclient.010817-1148)
comp1.jpg

Comp two:
WinXP
Address Book Version: 6.00.2600.0000 (xpclient.010817-1148)
comp2.jpg

(º·.¸(¨*·.¸ ¸.·*¨)¸.·º)
«.· ° .·.B·U·M·P.·. ° ·.»
(¸.·º(¸.·¨* *¨·.¸)º·.¸)

comp 2

Does this have something to do with wether or not you are using a Hotmail account? I get comp2, but it's asking me to choose what hotmail account I wont to sync and share....

Greetz

Lukas

Re: comp 2

Originally posted by Lukas
Does this have something to do with wether or not you are using a Hotmail account? I get comp2, but it's asking me to choose what hotmail account I wont to sync and share....

Weird. I have the Comp2 "options" option on my WinME laptop and my WinXP test machine, but never was asked to choose which hotmail account to sync. And i've been using that option for over a year on several systems. Its only recently that I lost the "option".

But it does seem to be linked up to hotmail in some way. On my regular XP system (comp1) then that synchronize now attempts to synchronize with my hotmail address book. But I dont want that. Argh. This is frustrating.

frustrating indeed

My XP doesn't have the option to sync now. I don't use an hotmail account there.

On my NT4 (sp6) laptop I have the option to sync and I use the hotmail account

weird.

I think the term synchronize is used by MS for online - offline items sync. Like the address book on hotmail and the adress book on your local machine. Or adress books in your local LAN. I don't klnow...

I just did a clean install of XP on my laptop (that had the "options" option) and now its gone again. I guess it was a part of Win9x that they no longer offer in XP. That really sucks because having the Outlook Express address book sync up with your outlook address book is a really cool feature.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back