Outlook Error

\application data\microsoft\outlook\outlook.ost cant be accessed

I removed the ost file and it created a new one and am getting the same error message. Any Ideas?

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
Is the file set to read only?

How did you go about removing, through Windows Explorer or the Mail applet in the Control Panel?

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
Also post the screenshot of the error and when it occurs please :)

Is this the error when it gives you the option to browse after it can't find it?

If so, and if it's not the file, you can go to the Control Panel, Mail, Data Files, and remove it from there. At that point, re-start Outlook, a new one will get created and you can re-import your info as desired

I will try and get a screen shot and will go form there. Thanks for you help. I am trying to help someone via email so yeah it sucks.

rushm001

In the beginning......
Political User
You could alway try right-clicking the link in your start menu (The office created one not a shortcut) clicking properties and seeing what it says under data files.

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
You could alway try right-clicking the link in your start menu (The office created one not a shortcut) clicking properties and seeing what it says under data files.
That information is also available within the Mail Control Panel applet :)

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
If it is Exchange, Delete and re-create his mail profile as it has become corrupted on his local PC.

Use the mail applet in the control panel I referenced above, and then Outlook will prompt you to create a new one the next time you open it.

Well I just did that a little bit ago, now its prompting him for a user id and pass and its not working. So that error message is gone so I will just go from there. Thanks for the help

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
Username/password stuff is tied to AD and Exchange, I would check to be sure his account isn't locked out, maybe reset his password for the user as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetHip