Outlook Email Accounts

G

GreenFrog

Does anyone know how to backup the email accounts in MS Outlook XP?

I can backup the PST files and the email rules, but can't see a easy way to backup the email accounts.

Many thanks for any help.

just do a export and choose one of the formats, it will export everything and if you ever lose stuff just do a import, works like a dream :)

Thank you.

It the simple things which are the hardest to find!

If you dig around your application files and areas like that in your profile you should find something that will have all of the files. I believe that Outlook Express files are either *.dbx, *.mbx or *.ibx Try searching for those and hopefully you will find the right files. They will be named for each folder that you have in Outlook Express like Inbox, Outbox, Sent Items and so on.

Copy these to another folder and and then you have a backup of them. Copy them back to restore the files and the emails within.

Another way?

I'm not sure if this is what you were looking for, and i don't know if it works with Outlook XP.

Go to Tools -> Accounts, select the mail account you want to save and press the Export button on the right (if it's still there). It will be exported as a .iaf file. (1KB).

note: This will 'only' save password, username, pop/smtp servers etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back