outlook 2007 or thunderbird

Dark Atheist

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
which would you all choose, seeing as they both have the same functions (ok outlook 2007 doesnt have usenet support)

they really don't have the same functions at all.. two very different beasts depending on where you are using it.

If you are just looking for a POP/IMAP client for home use, I'd say use thunderbird. If you are connecting to an Exchange box, use Outlook.

I'mm using both. I tie to the Exchange server sat work with Outlook and run my home email from Thunderbird.

I'm stuck on the work stuf (Exchange server, calendars, etc).

I choose my home use client. I hate Outlook because it has automatically deleted or blocked emails and attachments I wanted over the years. On the up side I like the integration of its calendar functions, but not enough to make me use it.

I love Outlook, I will never use anything else. I use a lot of the features that set it apart though, so I think both arguments above should be considered (clarify what you really need and make the decision basedon that).

I'mm using both. I tie to the Exchange server sat work with Outlook and run my home email from Thunderbird.

I'm stuck on the work stuf (Exchange server, calendars, etc).

I choose my home use client. I hate Outlook because it has automatically deleted or blocked emails and attachments I wanted over the years. On the up side I like the integration of its calendar functions, but not enough to make me use it.
can't you change the rules so it doesn't delete or divert anything?

You can customize the extensions/file types that Outlook blocks by editing the registry.

1. Exit Outlook if it is running.
2. Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
3. Verify that the following registry key for your version of Outlook exists.

Microsoft Office Outlook 2007:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook\Security
Microsoft Office Outlook 2003:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Security
Microsoft Outlook 2002:
KEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Outlook\Security
Microsoft Outlook 2000:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\9.0\Outlook\Security

If the registry key does not exist, create it.

4. Create a string value called: Level1Remove
5. Modify the Level1Remove value to include the file type extensions that you want to open in Outlook. For example: .exe;.com;.vbs
6. Restart your computer

note: there is a different/easier way if you are running Outlook in an Exchange environment and you are the admin of the Exchange environment

well.. i really havent used thunderbird... but if u have office2007.. why not use outlook?

think i might soon as there are one or two things in oulook i use that TB doesnt have and i only need newsgroup access when i need to get hold of my ISP's tech bods

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back