Outlook 2007 hangs on send/receive

Jewelzz

OSNN Godlike Veteran
This just started happening yesterday, nothing new has been installed and no configs have been changed. I used my trusted pal Google and the only think I found was
SOLUTION FOR HANGING SEND/RECEIVE FIX ONLY APPLIES TO VISTA
Folowing my earlier post, our wholesale hosts Netcetera www.netcetera.co.uk who are Microsoft Gold Partners solved the problem for me ON A SUNDAY!!
This code in the procedure below cured it immediately:
Go to programs, accessories then right click command line and select run as administrator.
At the prompt type
netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable

Although the post says it only works with Vista another post says he was successful with this on XP Home. I'm running XP Pro and it wasn't successful. Any suggestions?? Other than "get Thunderbird" or " use xxx"?

Not sure if you already saw this or if it even applies to you but there is an update for the problem discussed on that page.

kb932086

Are there any warnings/errors noted in the Event Viewer within the Office 2007 logs?

Not sure if you already saw this or if it even applies to you but there is an update for the problem discussed on that page.

kb932086

I don't have large .pst files and most of my folders in Outlook are empty except for few emails.

Are there any warnings/errors noted in the Event Viewer within the Office 2007 logs?
No, no errors or warning. I click send/receive when I left for work this morning, 04:30 and it was still 'Preparing to send/recieve' when I got home at 16:00.

Hmm, I deleted a GMail profile and was able to receive email but I'm still not able to send, it still says 'Preparing to send/receive"

Attachments

• outlook1.JPG
    outlook1.JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 826
Even though I only have 1 item in my outbox it says sending message 3 of 3 yet it doesn't send :mad:

Attachments

• outlook2 copy.jpg
    outlook2 copy.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 1,471
I've tried all kinds of solutions and none of them worked. What finally seems to have worked for me is to split my multiple accounts into groups of 2 or 3 (Send/Receive Settings/Define Send/Receive Groups). Then I staggered the automatic send/receive based on the importance of that group. For example, the "Main Accounts" group does an auto send/receive every 15 minutes, the "other" group every 17 minutes, and another group every 18 minutes....etc.

I found this after disabling automatic send/receive and tried doing manual send/receives on each account. None of them ever failed. When I re-enabled the auto it started to fail again. It would do one or two accounts and hang....then I'd have to do the dreaded close Outlook, End Process, Restart Outlook, send/receive. It would do 2 or 3 accounts and repeat.

Now that I've split them up.....no problem.

Hope this works for someone else! I know a lot of people are reporting the same problem with different fixes. I spent weeks trying to find one that would work for me without doing a complete re-install and this seems to have done it.

(You may also want to try "American Zombie's" solution while you are at it. I had alreaady done that one and it didn't work for me....but it still makes sense)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back