Outlook 2003

JoosH

OSNN Newbie
Microsoft Outlook 2003

Pretty new to Outlook and just had one question. When I go to the contacts, I have a few groups set up. One of these groups is Business Contacts In Business Contacts Manager. For some reason, it's not allowing me to rename this group. When I right click it and click on rename, it says:
"unable to rename..Renaming folders is not allowed in the BCM Store" Anybody got any clue what this is????? Any help that i can get is greatly appreciated because dell wants like $45 to talk to me. Thanks in advance.

Josh

Can you post a screenshot of your error? This will not only help with clarity, but also to solidify where you are clicking, etc.

Re: Microsoft Outlook 2003

Forget Dell, Outlook is an MS product and if it is new should be supported by them.

Check the MS support FAQs and submit the question if no one else has. Most problems have already popped up for someone else.

One quick thought. If "Business Contacts" is one of the default groups (and I think it is) then you will not be able to rename it. It's like trying to rename Inbox, you can't.

Move the contacts into a new group with the name you want.

Threads Merged

Please refrain from double posting in the future, one thread will be perfectly enough to help you out, and it minimizes confusion and clutter.

Dell will not assist with 3rd party software, neither will other computer company tech support for the most part.

If you did need that, you would need to simply purchase their helpdesk and you can get assistance for 3rd party software apps then.

For software, best thing to do is as suggested and contact the maker of the item.

Describe in more detail what you need and we will assist you to the best of our ability.

Re: Microsoft Outlook 2003

LeeJend said:
One quick thought. If "Business Contacts" is one of the default groups (and I think it is) then you will not be able to rename it. It's like trying to rename Inbox, you can't.

Move the contacts into a new group with the name you want.

He is right - it is a default group... that answer sounds the best idea - either that or just live with that as your group.

Oh and personally I would avoid all pay support lines unless you are truly desperate and then before you make the call try to distill your question down to the really crucial facts you need.... Even then be prepared to be taken through a few hoops for their protocol and remember NEVER to piss them off, because it is your £'s draining down the telephone.

Both LeeJend and Mainframeguy are correct. This is a Outlook "system folder" and it cannot be renamed or deleted.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back