Outlook 2003/Word 2003 Email Signature

D

dogle

Good morning!

I have a problem with the signature feature using Word/Excel and Outlook. When I use the "Send To Mail Recipient (As Attachment)" in Word, Excel, Adobe etc. the signatures that I have set up for different email accounts doesn't show up in the body of the email. But if I just start a raw email message in Outlook the signature shows up just fine. Any thoughts on how to get the signature to show up using the Send To Mail Recipient feature?

Thanks!

Dave O.

When using the "send to mail recipient" feature in Windows XP it opens the Outlook Editor instead of Microsoft Office Word. The Outlook Editor only supports rich text and does not support HTML like Word.

Signatures can be in rich text, they don't have to be in HTML.

When using the "Advanced Edit" feature when creating a signature it opens Word. When you save the signature it will create it using HTML.

If you create a second signature in plain text you can add it to emails you create using the "send to" feature by going to Insert, Signature, Signature Name (only plain text/rich text signatures will be displayed for insertion).

If you create a second signature in plain text you can add it to emails you create using the "send to" feature by going to Insert, Signature, Signature Name (only plain text/rich text signatures will be displayed for insertion).

So then you can't get Word/Excel to display the signature in an email automaically?

Dave O.

Not when using the "Send to" feature built into Windows and Office. You would have to start a new email from Outlook then attach the file.

Ok thanks! That's exactly what I needed to know.

Great help guys!

Dave O.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back