Outlook 2003 (Unicode) -> Outlook XP (ANSI)

Glaanieboy

OSNN Veteran Addict
OK, I am going to reinstall my machine this weekend, one of the things I will be replacing is an illegal copy of Office 2003 for a legal copy of Office XP. I have used Office 2003 a lot, especially Outlook. Now you can use the export/import feature in XP and 2003, but there is a difference between these two types of Personal Folders files, according to MS Knowledge base article 839109, Office 2003 .pst files are stored in Unicode, while XP .pst files are based on ANSI. Now, you there is a guide on that same page, telling you how to convert the Unicode to ANSI by creating a new Personal folder based on ANSI storage and copying all items to that Personal Folder. But there is also a note on that same page, which explains that it is not possible to convert emails with Unicode characters in it to the ANSI format. But how can I check that? Also, is there a way to convert a Unicode email to ANSI email?

Why are you using an illegal copy of office 2003 anyways?

Thanks for making legal payers and users like me pay more (that was sarcasm btw).

Because I was curious about how it looked and what it does. Basically I wanted to use it as a sort of trial version, to test it out for two weeks and buy it if I liked it or reinstall Office XP when I didn't like it. Well, I liked it, I forgot completely about this, so it's been running since at least the beginning of this year.
I am sorry legal payers and users like Lee, spank me if you will :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back