Outlook 2003 on SBS2003 question

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Hey all,

right now, everyone is using the outlook that is installed on each workstation. I would to move their inboxes/folders/contacts onto Outlook2003 that is with SBS2003 so that 1-their mail can move with them between workstations, and 2-Everyone can be on the same calender and view each other's calender.

Would I just create each user in outlook and move their .pst file over? Maybe their is a handy-dandy tutorial on this? Been googling but can't quite locate what I am looking for.

Thanks,

Heeter

Have you thought about setting up exchange? I am pretty sure it's on the SBS CD, at least the one I have has it :)

Other than that, yes, you could technicall store all the PST's on the server and setup profiles for each user on each workstation, but that's a PITA.

I have not checked to see if the CD came with Exchange or not, but if it did, then I will definitely set that up.

Thanks for the heads up on that,

Heeter

SBS 2003 comes in two flavours :- Standard & Premium

The following software is included with each version

Windows Server 2003 - Standard & Premium
Sharepoint Services - Standard & Premium
Exchange 2003 - Standard & Premium
Outlook 2003 - Standard & Premium
WSUS - Standard & Premium
Shared Fax Services - Standard & Premium
SQL Server 2005 - Premium
ISA Server 2004 - Premium
Frontpage 2003 - Premium
For most small companies (<50 users) SBS is a great solution and is relatively cheap.

I'm surprised that you don't have Exchange already installed. I thought it was part of the standard SBS installation procedure.

No it is not installed.

This is a Dell Poweredge 1600SC, and it is not in there.

When I arrive at this office tomorrow, I will be asking for the original Dell install CD.

Heeter

I'm surprised that you don't have Exchange already installed. I thought it was part of the standard SBS installation procedure.
It's a customizable option, doesn't necessarily get installed by default.

SBS 2003 comes in two flavours :- Standard & Premium

The following software is included with each version

Windows Server 2003 - Standard & Premium
Sharepoint Services - Standard & Premium
Exchange 2003 - Standard & Premium
Outlook 2003 - Standard & Premium
WSUS - Standard & Premium
Shared Fax Services - Standard & Premium
SQL Server 2005 - Premium
ISA Server 2004 - Premium
Frontpage 2003 - Premium
For most small companies (<50 users) SBS is a great solution and is relatively cheap.

I am just looking now, other than Server2003, outlook2003, Dell did not install nothing else on this poweredge.

They are still searching for the original CD for this server, I am going to install everything that you listed here, might as well.

Thanks for the list.

Heeter

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back