Outlook 2003 Mail Notify Question

kcnychief

??? ??? ?
Political Access
I am using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Professional Edition. I get spammed with all these e-mails from our support system, which I don't have to do anything with, but I still monitor them. I have a rule setup to dump them into a folder, and then mark them as read. Is there a way, I can not have them set off the little envelope in the system tray? I don't want to turn off the feature all together, but when a message gets marked as read, clear the icon so to speak.

Does that make sense?

Have them filter into your Junk E-mail folder. That's what I do with emails from our mail gateway and Websense. Then I go through them and delete them.

Well, that's not really the problem. I have them go into a folder already. I just don't want that pesky envelope to distract me for messages I don't give a poop about. Does it not appear for items going into the Junk Folder via a rule?

No, that's why I have it setup this way.

seems to be working, thanks & reps mm :)

EDIT: have to spread around, I will and then come back to you ;)

Forget everyone else.

Glad it works for you.

madmatt said:
Forget everyone else.

Glad it works for you.
Me too, that's a cool trick.

Has it always worked that way, or is it new in Outlook 2003?

Outlook 2003 is the first version with the Junk E-mail folder.

wow, I've used it for way too long I forgot about that :s

*bows head in shame*

I have a questiuon bout the mail notify sound.

Haven't tested it recently but before I had to create a rule to play a sound when I get an email, simply setting the Mail Notification sound event in windows didnt want to do it.

Any one else have this problem?

I've never, I always get the little audible notice when I get a message....

However the Mail Notify within Windows should also do the trick, that doesn't work for you?

It's the Mail Notify within Windows that didnt seem to work. Im going to disable the rule and give it a shot.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back