Outlook 2003 Mail Notify Question

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
I am using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Professional Edition. I get spammed with all these e-mails from our support system, which I don't have to do anything with, but I still monitor them. I have a rule setup to dump them into a folder, and then mark them as read. Is there a way, I can not have them set off the little envelope in the system tray? I don't want to turn off the feature all together, but when a message gets marked as read, clear the icon so to speak.

Does that make sense?

madmatt

Bow Down to the King
Political User
Have them filter into your Junk E-mail folder. That's what I do with emails from our mail gateway and Websense. Then I go through them and delete them.

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
Well, that's not really the problem. I have them go into a folder already. I just don't want that pesky envelope to distract me for messages I don't give a poop about. Does it not appear for items going into the Junk Folder via a rule?

Admiral Michael

Michaelsoft Systems CEO
I have a questiuon bout the mail notify sound.

Haven't tested it recently but before I had to create a rule to play a sound when I get an email, simply setting the Mail Notification sound event in windows didnt want to do it.

Any one else have this problem?

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
I've never, I always get the little audible notice when I get a message....

However the Mail Notify within Windows should also do the trick, that doesn't work for you?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut