Outlook 2003 issue

Barry

OSNN Newbie
Hi,

I am using Outlook 2003 (part of Office 2003 SP2) to process e-mail managed by Google Gmail Pop server.

I have encountered two issues:

1.Cannot display Chinese characters in subject field of incoming message.
2.Cannot find "Out Of Offices" Assistant setting.

Can somebody who is experienced the same issues help me fix them ?

PS: I don't have problem to handle Chinese characters in subjetc field on web basede gmail.

Barry Wu

could you try running a repair on your office install and say what happens? In Outlook and office are the relevant character sets supported/loaded?

In regards to question number 1, do you have the correct language packs installed for Office and the derelect you need? You should be able to pop in your CD and be sure the additional language information is installed.

For what it's worth, Out of Office won't work unless Outlook is running since you are pulling from a server. It is located at the Tools Menu, and then Out of Office Assistant. You may have to click the double-arrow to expand the Tools list to find it.

could you try running a repair on your office install and say what happens? In Outlook and office are the relevant character sets supported/loaded?

Hi, I choose to repair Office 2003 when reinstall it.
It works now.
Thanks !

Barry

^^^^Slightly edited your post, I don't think I need to say as to why ;)

cool - I was only kidding - but you know that anyway - if I was a [editted out!] then it would be in my sig ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back