Outlook 2003 issue

Barry

OSNN Newbie
Hi,

I am using Outlook 2003 (part of Office 2003 SP2) to process e-mail managed by Google Gmail Pop server.

I have encountered two issues:

1.Cannot display Chinese characters in subject field of incoming message.
2.Cannot find "Out Of Offices" Assistant setting.

Can somebody who is experienced the same issues help me fix them ?

PS: I don't have problem to handle Chinese characters in subjetc field on web basede gmail.

Barry Wu

Mainframeguy

Debiant by way of Ubuntu
could you try running a repair on your office install and say what happens? In Outlook and office are the relevant character sets supported/loaded?

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
In regards to question number 1, do you have the correct language packs installed for Office and the derelect you need? You should be able to pop in your CD and be sure the additional language information is installed.

For what it's worth, Out of Office won't work unless Outlook is running since you are pulling from a server. It is located at the Tools Menu, and then Out of Office Assistant. You may have to click the double-arrow to expand the Tools list to find it.

Mainframeguy

Debiant by way of Ubuntu
cool - I was only kidding - but you know that anyway - if I was a [editted out!] then it would be in my sig ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Haniew