Outlook 2003 Change password option

ednetman

Techie
Our users currently see an option at login to change their email password. This is Office 2000 running on Windows 2000. As we move to Windows XP we want to upgrade the users to Office 2003. When I install Office 2003 on an XP machine this change password option is lost. To change the users password, the only option is:

Tools>Options>Other>Advanced Options>Custom Forms>Password.

As a test, I installed Office 2003 on a Windows 2000 machine and the Change Password option came back. Is there a registry tweak of something I can try to get this to work on XP?

Last edited:
Are you trying to change the password for the e-mail account through the client itself? What mail server do you have running? If it's Exchange, it should all come down through Active Directory.

Yes, it is exchange. It works fine on a Win 2000 machine:

2-Login%20W2k%20-%20O2k3.JPG

But if I reimage the same machine as XP then I get a prompt like this:

2-login%20screen%20-%20XP.JPG

As you can see, the "Change Password" button is gone.

Last edited:
Someone found this key for me and it brought back the button. However, it does not allow the password to be changed.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\OFFICE\11.0\Outlook\RPC]
"DisableCredUI"=dword:00000001

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back