Outlook 2003 calendar slowness.

ming, are you using SSL password auth?

Kcnychief, that 'messenger.msgrobject' does not exist in registry.... probably coz i've removed Win Messenger completely when I first installed WinXP. :p

ming said:
Kcnychief, that 'messenger.msgrobject' does not exist in registry.... probably coz i've removed Win Messenger completely when I first installed WinXP. :p

try creating it, named the "old" way

nah, don't want to mess around with the reg. i don't think messenger will affect the download speed in outlook anyway.

No difference. It took about 1 min to download an email that's about 100kb big. Not sure why there's a waiting time/lag.

Can you do a bandwidth test?

If you go to other sites, how long does it take you to download files?

Is Outlook up to date, software and patch wise?

Has this always been the case?

Do you have the luxury of trying this on another machine?

I can download WindowsXP64 in around 20 mins... but in outlook, it takes me around 5 mins to download <2mb of emails.

How about these....

Is Outlook up to date, software and patch wise?

Has this always been the case?

Do you have the luxury of trying this on another machine?

yup. have the latest updates. been the same even from previous installations. (haven't adjusted any settings)

So is it safe to say this has always been a problem when you use HTTP through Outlook, for your hotmail account?

Might be silly to say, but can you create another hotmail account, hook it up to Outlook, and see what happens?

kcnychief said:
So is it safe to say this has always been a problem when you use HTTP through Outlook, for your hotmail account?

Might be silly to say, but can you create another hotmail account, hook it up to Outlook, and see what happens?

MS disabled hotmail accounts to be used with Outlook now. :(
Only existing users of Outlook with hotmail before March 2005 (I think) can continue to use Outlook with their hotmail accounts.
They're forcing people to pay to use Outlook with hotmail via Outlook Live.

Come to think of it, they're probably trying to force use to pay for faster downloads. :dead:

kcnychief said:
are you in cached mode?

what's that? I haven't touched any settings in outlook after installing it and adding my folders.

Just an update on this issue...

Security Update for Outlook 2003 (KB892843)
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/892843
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS06-003.mspx

This patch updates the MSMAPI32.DLL and Outlook itself to 11.8002.6568

However, the patched MSMAPI32.DLL still causes slowness when using Outlook in an Exchange environment. Although the patch is necessary for other reasons anyone who experiences slow performance with Outlook 2003 will need to restore the MSMAPI32.DLL with the version from SP1.

I have tested this fix with the new patch under Windows 2000 Professional (SP4) and Windows XP Professional (SP2).

Please be aware that this is NOT a Microsoft supported fix and you should make a backup of MSMAPI32.DLL before replacing it.

Any questions, please ask.

Dear Mad-
I received the patch about two weeks ago and have been doing timings in my environment and working with some engineers at Microsoft since then. We are still evaluating, but have noticed some improvement, especially with opening other users' calendars. They plan to incorporate this hotfix into SP3, which they aren't even talking about yet. I think once more people see how slow Outlook 2003 is, Microsoft will be a little more proactive in addressing it.

Thanks for the update. I appreciate the info. Helen

Thank you for the information. I wish Microsoft would be a bit more proactive in resolving this issue. However, in the mean time I have to use an older version of MSMAPI32.DLL so my users don't experience the slowness.

I wouldn't expect to see SP3 until Office 12 is already available.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back