Outlook 2002

M

motordude

Does anyone notice that Outlook 02 takes a helluva alot longer to start up? I am running a 1ghz athlon with 512mb sdram and it still takes about 20-30 secs to start outlook. My whole system boots in about that time.

try this

check this article for some tips.

if no help, write back.

cheers!

The microsoft site really wasnt too helpful, any other suggestions?

antivirus?

are you running any antivirus apps that run in the background?

try disabling any of those, and see if outlook opens faster. I have also heard a few people having that kind of "conflict", although it was not specific to Out 2002, it was also Out Exp 6.0 and previous.

also, is Outlook configured to send and rec'v on startup?

you are very welcome.

listen, i learn more from trying to help than i could in any school, so you should give it a try, i am totally addicted now!

I do try here and there, if it is something that I have encountered before. Otherwise I would hate to give bad info, and really screw something up. Thanks again

Actually I just found the real reason Outlook was loading so slow, seems that there is a setting in outlook and MS Messager that allows them to work together, and since I have MSM shut off then it took Outlook more time to figure that out. As soon as I diabled those settings Outlook loads in a blink of an eye.

where are those settings, just in case I see this prob again?

heh, see, now yer helping me...

In Outlook go to tool, options, then other. It is bottom line. MSM I checked again and those didnt seem to maske a difference.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back