Outlook 2002 with Gmail

N

Not Bman

I was looking at my old post of how to add gmail to Outlook Express and I am using Outlook 2002 now. I can't seem to find out how to get it working with it. Can somebody show me step by step how to get it working properly, and make sure I have everything checked right etc....

Thanks

I checked the POP, thats all good...I followed the instructions perfectly and it's still not working. I can't send emails.....?

Task 'Gmail Account - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x8004210B) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).

Thanks so much, the SP3 update did it. Everything is working good now!!!

OK OK....I'm back now....I have another question regarding Outlook and Gmail. I desided not to make a new thread.

Everything is working fine with these two things, the only thing is outgoing messages. As most of you know, gmail keeps all sent emails and everything together...When I send emails with Outlook I get that email back in the Inbox. I was wondering if there is away to make Outlook not download those sent emails. The only emails I want to get in my Inbox are ones from other people.

Anybody got any ideas?....

Thanks

I just wish they had used standard ports for POP, SMTP. Can't port gmail into Outlook 03 as a result. :( Damn firewalls.

So I assume there isn't away to do this yet. Or just nobody knows...Well that sucks

That would most probably be a setting at Google's end, not a setting in your mail client. Look through the Gmail options and see if you find something. If not, it's probably not possible.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back