Outlook 2002 out of memory error

G

gunnerhkjp

Hi. I hope somebody here can help me out.

I run microsoft outlook 2002 in the office. I get about 300 mail a day.
When I'm out of the office for a week or more, the mail builds up to 2000 or more.
The problem is that when there is that much mail on the pop3 server, outlook 2002 gives an error during download saying that it is out of memory.

The computer I have is a pentium 4 1.8A with 512MB memory.

I would ideally like to continue using outlook, since I have a need to automatically save attachments with a certain email subject header to a specific directory, and a program called "casaveatt" does exactly this for me. This program only runs in outlook.

This is not an isolated problem to just my computer. All the other computers in the office have the same problem when dealing with large number of mail in outlook.

I feel that if there is a way to download a fixed number of mail (say 300) at a time, this problem can be solved, but I don't know how to go about this.

Or alternatively, does anyone know of an email client that allows me to set rules so that email attachments are automatically saved to a folder when it has a specific subject header?

I appreciate any help.
Thanks

Have you patched your outlook to the latest level?
Go To here to scan for new updates..

Gert-Jan

Thanks for the reply.

I've patched outlook with sp2 and the latest patches, but the error still occurs.

Does anyone know whether eudora can save attachments automatically for emails with specific subject header?

Thanks a lot for the heads-up.

By reading the knowledge base, it seems like Microsoft have no intention of fixing the damn problem. The work-around they give is not practical when dealing with large number of mail.

Can anyone recommend an email client that can save attachments automatically?

Microsoft is saying you should buy a faster computer. ;-)

"CAUSE
This behavior can occur if you attempt to download more messages than your computer can process."

I'm kidding ofcourse... but, could it be you have a "relatively?" slow computer with a "relatively" fast connection? Could it be you are getting large amounts of small emails at once? Have you tried allowing Outlook to check for mail every few minutes? Have you tried moving your PST to a faster drive...

I am a real Outlook fan. Would be a waste if you had to switch to another email client for such a silly problem. :-( But there are quite a few other good email clients out there. Try "Eurdora Pro" or "The Bat." They look good, feel good, work good. Maybe one of em solves your problems.

Kind regards,
Willem Moolenaar

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back