Outlook 2002 & Hotmail accounts

A

Antonijk

Hi there

Has anyone else tried to set up multiple HTTP mail accounts on OL2K2?

I have tried to link into two different hotmail accounts and OL will only connect to the first I set up. If I remove the first the second then works but I can't have more than one.

Also I have several POP accounts that all work fine, but every now and again I get the enter password dialogue box for an account. I think that when the mail server is busy OL times out and assumes that the password is incorrect, however I can't just hit OK to try again I have to retype the password. Once the box pops up it holds up mail on any other accounts till I clear it.

I am running with all the current patches and hot fixes from M$, I have also searched the knowledge base but I can't find any relevant postings.

Anyone having a similar issue or know of a fix?

Ta

A

I had the same issues with Outlook 2002. I tried Outlook Express. Seems to work better for multiple accounts. Give that a try.

Thanks, that was my next (last option). I was hoping to stick to OL but I guess I can just use OLE for HTTP.

Ta

a

All I can add is "multiple hotmail accounts worked fine for me in OL2K2". Outlook will startup rather slow as it needs to log-in to all those accounts. Had 3 of them installed at a friends house.

Kind regards,
Willem Moolenaar

Thanks for the help guys,

Any ideas on the password bit for pop mail?

Thanks

Antoni

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back