out of memory error?

B

bloker

Hi
i have installed fractal design painter 5 on my machine and it wont run at all just gives me an out of memory error there is nothing running at the time i have a gig of ram and plenty of drive space to.....this is the only prgram i have had this with it runs photoshop ok?
this program ran in 2000 ok previously any help would be great thanks
bloker

if you have a gig of memory it's probebly a software eror,
maybe there is some update that will help?

by the way whats your virtual memory size.

out of memory error fixed

:) :) thanks very much !!! altered page file size works fine now

regards bloker

bloker...realy glad that helped, now, I'd love to know what the original settings were, and what you wound up setting it too.

I believe your situation exemplifies why the page file should never be set static...you couldn't have run out of memory, if expansion was enabled...

even if you wound up increasing the page file, make sure that expansion is enabled.

also, since it's obvious you did increase the page file sixe, use the little proggy I posted on the free programs thread to defrag the page file.

once it's defragged, it'll remain defragged, and you won't ever have to do it again.

please post your original settings, and what you wound up with ...tanx

dealer

dealer hi
the initial size size was 1536mb with the maximum size set at 3072mb both of which was set by windows based on my ram.

i have now actually reduced initial size to 512mb and kept maximium at 3072mb this allows windows to adjust if so required.

what is the defrag prog about ?

bloker

You have to be careful with programs like that - the calcuations need are memory hogs (as you problay know ;) ). And the chew up the processer time.

Re: dealer

Originally posted by bloker
dealer hi
the initial size size was 1536mb with the maximum size set at 3072mb both of which was set by windows based on my ram.

i have now actually reduced initial size to 512mb and kept maximium at 3072mb this allows windows to adjust if so required.

what is the defrag prog about ?

bloker

well holy fujizty...I'm amzed lowering the page file minimum helped...I'm thinking if you reset it back to the default, the program will run fine...possbly some glich in your page file, but I can't figure this one out

as far as the defrag program...xp cannot defrag the page file, as it's in use during the defrag...this program defrags the page file on boot...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back