Our new car story

Sazar

Rest In Peace
As some of you know, my wife and I were in the market for a new car and had been looking at several options for a decent, late-model used car...

our hearts were set on a lovely little 2004 Corrola S and we headed down to houston from austin with the dealers implicit promise of having the car ready to go/test drive/purchase when we got there...

well we got there all right, but no car... the dealer-ship had sold the car and had not even bothered to inform us of this (we had specific instructions to be informed in this event since we were driving from austin... no car dealer in austin matched the price or warranty for the vehicle)

obviously pissed off, we drove back to austin and gave houston car dealers the royal f-u...

back in austin we proceeded to do the rounds, looking for cars...

at the end of the day we had settled on 2 cars, a 1.8S Nissan Sentra, or a 2.5 Limited edition Nissan Sentra, both 2003, the 2.5 being a little cheaper...

my wife drove both and she liked both, but the dealership where we returned to test the 2.5 (the 1.8s was across town) also happened to have, on our 2nd visit during the day, a lovel Nissan Altima 3.5 SE :drooling:

I knew my wife had a soft spot for the car :) we've both been trying to work in a car within our budget while still saving for further education and for a house... was not working out but they had $17k odd altima and we talked and talked to the dealer and walked off with the baby, fully loaded, black leather interior, all options and more for approx $15k including TT & L :D

no pics of the baby yet but its the same color and trim as the following pic I found online... including the moonroof...

lg_DSC00173.JPG

ta... :)

but its my wife's car lol... I am just helping with the payments...

since my 240sx got wrecked and we were sharing her old cavalier, I now migrate to that till I can afford either a Golf GTi or a sentra spec-V circa 2003 (they were the best year so far)... or something like that...

ohhhh nice :cool:

cant wait for pics of yours :D

well both are nice the gti and the sentra are great but i think german is always a better choice and gti is really nice

spec V is more fun to drive... the GTi is not a bad car though...

all depends if I can get it in the price range... with my wife's car, my budget automatically shrinks :cool: unless I get a nice bonus coming up in the next month or two (not likely @ the moment since i just started, but who knows :D )

well i would rahter have a honda c-rv 1998 that's what i used to have back home before coming to canada great car and great memories with it

Black leather interior? She's gonna burn her ass in the summer time

Jewelzz said:
Air conditioning (or "Weather Control System", Pimped out :p ) should fix that.
Nice Car, The mpg is not too bad for a 3.5, is it Manual? :D

Jewelzz said:

she has the sun deflector thinger so it should help some lol but its something we did think about...

both front seats are heated (redundant in texas till the fall which is fortunately not far away, our other vehicle, her chevy cavalier, doesn't even have a working heating core so I am gonna freeze to death sometime in the middle of fall :( ) , dunno if they have a cooling option too though :confused:

haven't had time to fiddle round with all the little things...

Benny said:
Air conditioning (or "Weather Control System", Pimped out :p ) should fix that.
Nice Car, The mpg is not too bad for a 3.5, is it Manual? :D

nope, its an auto but with a manual shift mode (ie push gear up, down to shift manually)

its pretty fast though, we opened her up on Interstate 35 last night and she just purrs up to speed...

A/C only works when the car is running ... if the car is left in the sun for a period of time say while you're shopping ... Oofa!!!

"Sun reflector thingers" don't do all that much.
It's a nice car and I'm sure she'll adjust to a sun burnt ass from the seats :p

Jewelzz said:
A/C only works when the car is running ... if the car is left in the sun for a period of time say while you're shopping ... Oofa!!!

"Sun reflector thingers" don't do all that much.
It's a nice car and I'm sure she'll adjust to a sun burnt ass from the seats :p

I don't mind a tanned bottom one little bit J :cool:

the leather and heat are a coupla things we were talking about wrt it being an issue in texas (heck in any place with the sun as hot as it is out here) but its been overcast the last several days and we may get something to put on the seat to help out... a thin towel perhaps...

Sazar said:
its pretty fast though, we opened her up on Interstate 35 last night and she just purrs up to speed...
Its all about the size :) I drive a 7.2 ford f-350 sometimes, and I start faster then - pretty much anything out there :p :D
Tho the payback is in mpg :(

well we have a 3.5 litre v6... pushing about 240 horses and about 246 lb/ft of torque...

the car is naturally heavier than a regular altima coz of the engine and the amenities but the engine is a work horse... acceleration is smooth...

someday after next weekend when my wife has had her fill for a bit, I might take her out and check out the manual shift mode and see how much fun it is :)

Very nice car, and a great choice, Sazar. I wish I had known you were looking at an Altima, cause I'm selling a 2002 Altima S for $12k, though it's manual transmission. I'm only 1.5 hours up the road from you, too! I have a 2002 3.5L Maxima SE myself, and I love it so I'm always recommending Nissan. What I like the most about the 3.5s is that they pick up and go on the interstate even when you're already going 60-70mph... it's nice when you need to pass people. :)

yo the new altima is sweeet they are selling here like crazy, and those memories with fish i remmber when he just jumped into the back seat and i had to steer and gas/brake from the passenger side, crazy memories sitting in the trunk. too bad ur dad sold it!:(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back