Our new car story

yea those crazy days on the highway it's ok im gonna rent another car when i get back in december

wont need to well have my impala ss baby, and my dads 2004 caBrice (caprice) royale (he wont know though) hehe and UR LEXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXUS (inside joke)

muzikool said:
Very nice car, and a great choice, Sazar. I wish I had known you were looking at an Altima, cause I'm selling a 2002 Altima S for $12k, though it's manual transmission. I'm only 1.5 hours up the road from you, too! I have a 2002 3.5L Maxima SE myself, and I love it so I'm always recommending Nissan. What I like the most about the 3.5s is that they pick up and go on the interstate even when you're already going 60-70mph... it's nice when you need to pass people. :)

well we wanted an altima, a 2.5 but nothing was working out...

the manual would not have worked coz my wife can't drive a stick...

as is the car is nice... I haven't driven in it much yet but I will get my chance :D

dont know if u can do this in the states but we do it here, when u take a rental or a test drive of a new car, can u rape the car like burnout and skid and stuff?

generally not if you have a guy from the dealership in the car with you...

they encourage you to open the car up and what not however...

we went to about 7 dealerships yesterday all told and settled on 3 cars...

all 3 cars were driven hard but only one of them had a guy from the dealership in with us... teh 2.5s and the 3.5 SE were basically the car dealer giving us the keys and saying enjoy :)

still its not very easy to burnout/power slide with an automatic with all the vehicle stability controls active... and my wife is not a super race-car driver type... she drives well enough for city/highway driving and thats more than good enough :)

Sazar said:
all 3 cars were driven hard but only one of them had a guy from the dealership in with us... teh 2.5s and the 3.5 SE were basically the car dealer giving us the keys and saying enjoy :)
Anyway, the best test is seeing how it drives uphill, no need to rape a car to see if its in good condition :)

muzikool said:
though it's manual transmission
That only makes it better :)

Benny said:
Anyway, the best test is seeing how it drives uphill, no need to rape a car to see if its in good condition :)

you apparently have not heard enough about austin...

we are pretty much hill country :)

the part of the city I live in is basically canyons and hills and valleys... nothing massive but plenty of gradients...

Congrats Saz! Nice ride.
smile.gif

Sazar said:
you apparently have not heard enough about austin...
True, I asumed its flat :eek: Just proves me right tho :p
The 3.5 is definatly the right choise :) Ever try going uphill with a 1.3 :eek:

Benny said:
True, I asumed its flat :eek: Just proves me right tho :p
The 3.5 is definatly the right choise :) Ever try going uphill with a 1.3 :eek:

Hey! I have a 1.6 and it works fine on hills :D

Gracie Lyons said:
Hey! I have a 1.6 and it works fine on hills :D
Define "hills" :p You have a Honda Civic right? Its a decent car, and New York Hills aren't too scarry :)
I had to climb some serious mountains in a Hyundai Getz, almost blew my brains out :p

excellant car, one of the best values in the auto market is the altimar...nice story

Sazar said:
we headed down to houston from austin with the dealers implicit promise...

I haven't seen hide nor hair of the dealer since he went in trying to take incredimail off of someones computor without a reformat...it's good to know he came out of that all right, that's for sure

could you ask him to give me a call?

I miss him

Benny said:
Define "hills" :p You have a Honda Civic right? Its a decent car, and New York Hills aren't too scarry :)
I had to climb some serious mountains in a Hyundai Getz, almost blew my brains out :p

I spent a fair deal of my time in Seychelles...

we drove a 1.6 litre civic back then (narrow roads... can't drive full sized vehicles) and it worked fine on gradients of 30+ degrees in many places...

the main islands are granitic outcrops jutting out of the water... very steep all around...

and 95% of the vehicles were manuals :)

doesn't mean its any fun, but its certainly doable :)

hyundai's btw don't have much torque in my experience, and thats basically what causes them to be a little weak on the pulling power...

the car of choice for us teens when we were carousing round the island was a Vivio :D (I believe subaru, though not 4wd)

I believe the engine was an 800cc 3 cylinder do... not very powerful but in an ultra-compact, it did the job :D

as long as you are willing to shift through the gears fast and often, driving up mountains in an under-powered car is not so bad (assuming you have SOME momentum)

ah memories...

Sazar said:
as long as you are willing to shift through the gears fast and often, driving up mountains in an under-powered car is not so bad (assuming you have SOME momentum)
True, but its nice to fly by at 110 when everyone are barely doing 80 :D
Even at the expense of gas.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back